This is another one of those delicious salads where the only work you have to do is boil the potatoes and chop the parsley. It is great for summer picnics, a fast lunch, or when you have unexpected guests. You can either use thawed frozen corn, or 2 cups of fresh corn kernels removed from the cob and blanched for 2 minutes
- 1½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for the pot
- Three -5--ounce cans Italian tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1 cup drained marinated mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups corn kernels (see headnote)
- ½ cup drained tiny capers in brine
- 5 tablespoons -extra--virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup -red--wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ teaspoon crushed -red--pepper flakes
Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan with salted water to cover. Bring to a simmer, and cook until potatoes are tender but not mushy, about 30 minutes. Drain well, and put in a large serving bowl.
Crumble in the tuna over the potatoes. Add the mushrooms, corn, and capers, and toss well. Drizzle with the oil and vinegar, and sprinkle with the parsley, salt, and red–pepper flakes. Toss well and serve.