You are most likely accustomed to a tomato and basil combination but try this refreshing tomato and mint salad, a new twist to an old classic.
- 2 pound ripe tomatoes, cored and cut in 1-inch wedges
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, shredded
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Put the tomatoes in a salad bowl with the onion and mint. Toss with the olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.