This recipe is for cauliflower, but the dressing can be used with other boiled or steamed vegetables, such as potatoes, zucchini, and parsnips.
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), broken into small florets
- 10 large fresh basil leaves
- 8 anchovies
- 8 cornichons
- 2 tablespoons drained tiny capers in brine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup -extra--virgin olive oil
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the cauliflower, and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a mini–food processor, combine the basil, anchovies, cornichons, capers, parsley, vinegar, and mustard. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, pulsing to make a chunky dressing. When cauliflower is tender, drain well and toss with the dressing. Serve warm or at room temperature