Serves 4 to 6
Fabbri makes wild strawberries preserved in syrup that bring the flavors of a ripe, sweet berry to your table year round. I love this version of gelato- it’s so easy and requires no cooking.
- 2 cups chilled heavy cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries in syrup, such as Fabbri, plus 3 tablespoons syrup from the jar, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Whisk the cream and sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl until light and foamy. Transfer to an ice cream machine and churn according to manufacturers’ instructions. When the gelato is almost done, add the strawberries, syrup, vanilla, and almond extract through the feed tube. Churn 5 minutes more, until very thick.
Pack into a lidded container and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours. Scoop into bowls to serve, topping with more strawberries and syrup.