- 3 pints ripe strawberries, washed, hulled, and halved or quartered, depending on size
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar "tradizionale"
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
Put the berries in a large bowl. Sprinkle them with the vinegar, sugar, and orange juice. Toss well to coat the berries in the vinegar, sugar, and juice. Cover, and refrigerate them 20 minutes, or more.
Serve the berries in chilled glasses, each topped with a mint sprig.