Serves 4 to 6
- 1 large head broccoli (about 1½ pounds)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for the pot
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut into wedges
Peel the lower stem and the head of the broccoli and cut in ¼-inch rounds. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli, bring back to a boil, and cook until tender but al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and let cool.
In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and salt. Add the broccoli, and toss to coat with the dressing. Mound into a serving bowl, and top with the egg wedges. Drizzle with any remaining dressing left in the bowl. Serve immediately.
(For a more homogeneous salad, cut the eggs into eighths and toss with the broccoli and dressing.)