Recipe from Lidia’s Italy at Home magazine.
- 6 cups packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh Italian parsley leaves
- ½ cup walnut halves, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- ½ cup freshly grated Grana Padano
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Pulse the spinach, basil, parsley, walnuts, garlic, and salt in a food processor to a coarse paste. Pour in the olive oil in a slow, steady stream.
Process to make a smooth paste, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Add the spaghetti to the boiling water, and cook until al dente. Scrape the pesto into a serving bowl and stir in the ricotta.
Season with salt and pepper. Stir in ½ cup of the pasta cooking water to loosen the sauce.
Remove the spaghetti with tongs directly to the sauce, add the grated cheese and a drizzle of olive oil. Toss to coat the pasta with the sauce, adding more pasta water if it seems dry.