4 to 6
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced crosswise (about 4 cups), plus ½ cup chopped fronds (use a mandoline, if you have one, to shave the fennel)
- 3 large celery stalks, trimmed, peeled, and thinly sliced on the bias
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces salami, thickly sliced and julienned
- 4 ounces caciocavallo or smoked mozzarella cheese, julienned
- Juice of 1 large lemon, freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, combine the fennel (but not the fronds), celery, red onion, salami, and cheese.
Drizzle with the lemon juice and olive oil, and season with the salt and some pepper. Toss well to coat all of the ingredients with the dressing. Sprinkle with the chopped fennel fronds and toss lightly. Let sit about 10 minutes before serving, to combine the flavor.