Serves 6 to 8
If you’re making this salad for a gathering, it can be made several hours ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated until you’re ready to serve. Leftovers make a great topper for a turkey or roast beef sandwich the next day.
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head savoy cabbage, cored and shredded
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
Whisk the vinegar, mustard, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and a generous grinding of black pepper in a large serving bowl. Whisk in the olive oil to make a smooth dressing. Add the red onion, cabbage, both bell peppers, and carrots and toss well to coat in the dressing. Add the parsley. Toss and serve.