Serves 4 to 6
Everybody loves roasted potatoes, and these have a Mediterranean twist with lots of garlic and rosemary. The aroma of roasted potatoes conjures up images of big roasted meats and holidays, so whenever I make this dish it feels like a holiday to me.
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the olive oil, thyme, and garlic. Throw in the cut-up sweet potatoes, season with salt, and let steep for 30 minutes.
3. Spread potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet brushed with the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil. Roast until golden on one side, about 15 minutes. Flip with a spatula and roast until golden on the other side and potatoes are cooked through and very crispy, about 15 minutes more.
4. Serve immediately. You can pick out some or all of the garlic before serving if you like.
Kids Can: Pick the thyme leaves for chopping; clean the garlic; toss thyme and garlic with olive oil; spread potatoes on a baking sheet; season with salt; and brush potatoes with olive oil.