- 6 plum tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup panko
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Grana Padano
- 1/4 cup freshly grated pecorino
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Core the tomatoes and halve lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Put the tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, season with 1 teaspoon salt and several grinds of pepper. Toss to coat in the oil.
Combine the panko, grated cheeses, parsley, chives, and rosemary in a medium bowl. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and several grinds of pepper. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and toss to coat the panko mixture in the oil. Press the panko stuffing into the cavity and on top of the tomatoes. Set stuffing side up on the baking sheet. Pour the wine and remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil in the baking sheet.
Bake until the tomatoes are soft but still hold their shape and the crumb topping is crisp and golden, about 25 minutes, adding a little water to the pan if the juices begin to burn. Serve warm or at room temperature, drizzled with any juices that remain in the baking pan.