Makes 4 to 6 drinks
Calabrians like spice, and I use Bomba Calabrese, their red pepper paste, to make this hot Bloody Mary.
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Calabrese peperoncini paste
- 2 teaspoons Worchestershire
- Juice of 1/2 lime, freshly squeezed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch freshly grated black pepper
- Pinch celery powder
- 6 to 8 ounces Bloody Mary mix
- 1 1/2 to 2 ounces vodka
Blend all mix ingredients well. Adjust the peperoncini paste, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste, and set in the refrigerator to blend the flavors for a few hours or overnight.
To make the drink, combine 6 to 8 ounces of the mix with 1 1/2 to 2 ounces of vodka and stir well.
Serve straight or over some ice cubes.
Decorate with a celery stalk with leaves, a few slices of English cucumber, a sprig of basil or thyme… as you like it.