- 6 Pork chops, rib or loin chops, cut ¾” thick
- 3 tbs. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups yellow or red peppers cleaned and sliced
- 3 cups Lidia’s Flavors of Italy Marinara Sauce (purchase here)
- 1 tsp. Peperoncino
- ½ tsp. Dry oregano
- 2 tbs. Chopped Italian Parsley
- 1 lb. Rigatoni
- 6 Garlic cloves, crushed and sliced
- Salt to taste
Season the pork chops with salt.
In a wide skillet over medium heat, slowly brown the pork chops in olive oil until golden; halfway through, add the sliced or crushed garlic (if you plan on removing the garlic, use crushed).
When garlic and pork chops are golden, and Lidia’s Marinara Sauce, oregano and peperoncino. Bring to a boil and simmer, ultimately the meat should fall of the bone, adding some water or stock if needed. After 25 minutes, add peppers and cook for an additional 20 minutes. Season with salt and parsley.
While the pork chops are simmering, cook rigatoni in 5 quarts of salted water until al dente (tender but still firm). Drain the pasta and toss with half the sauce. Serve rigatoni and pork chops on the same plate.