8 cups of finished soup, serving 6 or more
- 8 cups Savory Potato Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 3 cups cauliflower florets on short tender stems, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 2 cups finely chopped scallions
- 3/4 cup poached garlic purée, from 1-1/2 cups of peeled cloves
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Heat the broth to a boil and add salt to taste. Stir in cauliflower and scallion pieces and return to a steady perking boil. Cover and cook for about 30 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender. Stir in the poached garlic purée and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Serve right away in warm bowls, with freshly grated cheese, extra-virgin olive oil and other garnishes.