Not a registered user? Join Now!
latest
member recipes
member photos
discussions
Please sign in to post a reply.
Easter Bread

Miria says
My mother is from the Abbruzzo region, and makes an Easter Bread each year that she calls Spianada, not sure if this is the correct spelling. It is a sweet bread flavoured with anise seed. Does ANYONE have a recipe for this. My mama doesn`t use recipes and her spianada never comes out the same way twice, much to her chagrin, and I need a recipe that doesn`t involve a yield of 8 loaves!!

April 11, 2011 / 8:43pm

lutzsal says
My family makes spianada every Easter, however, I have a feeling that our recipe is of the "8 loaf" variety. I'll ask around this Sunday. If I find a good recipe, I'll post it here.

ccb1123 says
My husband has been asking me to track down his deceased mother's recipe for years. His sisters don't know and I would love even the 8 loaf variey recipe. Thanks all.

MargieC says
My grandma made a bread she called Pane Buono. It might be what you are looking for? I'll first give her recipe: 7 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, 6 eggs, 1/4 teasp salt, 1 cup oil, 1 teasp anise, 1 lemon, 1 cup milk, 2 yeast packets. Oven: 350F Mix ingredients. Let raise till double volume. Put on board; punch. Let raise double volume again. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans and spread melted butter over dough before baking . Bake @ 350F for 45 minutes. Makes 2 loaves. I think she assumed you would dissolve the yeast packets per package directions. We used anise oil, and the juice and some of the zest of the lemon. Good luck! :)

Food Books and Dvds Tableware

Lidia's Commonsense Italian Cooking
Lidia brings viewers on a road trip into the heart of Italian-American cooking.
buy now ›
read more ›

LIDIA'S
Enjoy Lidia's pastas and sauces!
buy now ›

Lidia's Stoneware Collection

buy now ›

recipes, tips, and more!

Becoming a member of the Community Table is easy and free!
Please fill out the required fields below.
*required fields

sign in information
about you

Welcome to the Community Table. Please sign in to
access your recipe box, photos, discussions,
and personal settings.

Forgot password?
Not a member? Join now!

thank you!
Thank you for posting your discussion. Once it has been reviewed by our Lidia's Italy team, it will be posted to the website.

says