home or Register

community table  /  discussions  /  Commit With Lidia This New Year  /  ...so many ways to use the un-useable
Not a registered user? Join Now!
latest
member recipes
member photos
discussions
Please sign in to post a reply.
...so many ways to use the un-useable

wvtallchic says
I freeze, can, and use. Leftovers are made into individual lunch boxes, most of which can be frozen, and taken for lunches. Buying the pre-packaged lunches in the store is what I find wasteful, especially when you can make those things at home for free. Broccoli stalks coated with cornmeal and pepper and fried in butter makes an excellent side dish, and even leftover mashed potatoes are renewed for tomorrow's meal by adding some hot chicken broth from the freezer, a little extra butter, and whipping them all over again. Even as frugal as my family taught me to be and I am already, I've learned a lot reading these posts. I too use all of the turkey but the 'cluck', but I've never used a baggie to collect vegetables in the freezer for a soup or stew later. I like that. In addition to the freezing and canning I already do, that tip alone will save my household some waste.

January 9, 2011 / 7:04am

Food Books and Dvds Tableware

Lidia's Commonsense Italian Cooking
Lidia brings viewers on a road trip into the heart of Italian-American cooking.
buy now ›
read more ›

LIDIA'S
Enjoy Lidia's pastas and sauces!
buy now ›

Lidia's Stoneware Collection

buy now ›

recipes, tips, and more!

Becoming a member of the Community Table is easy and free!
Please fill out the required fields below.
*required fields

sign in information
about you

Welcome to the Community Table. Please sign in to
access your recipe box, photos, discussions,
and personal settings.

Forgot password?
Not a member? Join now!

thank you!
Thank you for posting your discussion. Once it has been reviewed by our Lidia's Italy team, it will be posted to the website.

says